Monday, November 19, 2007

My November Babies...

My girls' birthdays both fall in the month of November. Anis Aqilah turned 18 on November 7th and Anis Atiqah is 15 since November 16th.....which is a few days ago. This is the first time their birthdays are celebrated without relatives and their friends. I know they miss those occasions.. Actually, their previous birthdays were nothing fancy. Without balloons & party stuff, but a birthday cake is a must! When they were smaller, finding a cake that was certified 'halal' was rather difficult. I always ended up buying from Angel Cake Shop since there weren't many business of homemade cakes around then. And of course, baking is not one of my forte! But, these last few years and with the turn of the millenium we could see many make-from-home food businesses springing. Ordering can be made easily via the plain old telephone, sms ( kat sini orang sebut text messaging ) or even email-ing. Some even provide home or office delivery service! I wonder whether the lady ( did not have the chance to meet ) I used to order cake from have opened up her own shop. Her husband works on a few floors below my 'once upon a time' office and delivery was either at the elevator lobby or at the parking lots. Just transfering from one boot to another! A few of us would order cheese cake or chocolate cake or even carrot cake... semua sedap2. InsyaAllah...sahih kebersihan & kehalalan. Here, my baker is Anis... but the cake she made for her sister, picture above got the help of Betty Crocker! he..he.. Pre-mix chocolate cake flour.. We shared it with Shafinaz, Aziz, Jina & Eddy as dessert at Shafinaz's apartment. The main dish was laksa johor cooked by the hostess. Ahaa..she claims she cannot cook, but her laksa speaks otherwise...memang sedap!...I had 3 helpings..imagine!
Happy birthday my November babies...

Atiqah who started complaining about 'sakit mata' & 'pening2' getting her eyes checked by a doctor... hish..macam2 betul budak nii.. baru 15! But, this is another story altogether...
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alamak, sipu-sipu malu saya nie, really I cannot cook, you have tasted one of the thing that I CAN do (and I don't have any long list that I CAN do BTW)... you can ask Aziz about lauk "entah apa-apa" or "entah I tak tahu lauk apa". Cooking is not my game and I don't think it will ever be :-)

zidnee 'ilmaa said...

It doesn't matter whether its called, lauk entah apa2 or entah lauk apa, as long as sedaap...no problem! I think you should name them - Kari Kiely Blvd or Lemak Special NSC or even Lauk Rindu Kampung. That should leave a big HINT!! :)
k.ainal

Powered By Blogger