Thursday, July 19, 2007

Atiqah at the Children's Hospital Boston

I never liked going to hospitals; except visiting newborn babies. I think hospitals here are the same as those back home... in terms of the waiting time! Maybe there are not enough doctors back home or doctors here analyse & scrutinise results more.. so they need more time. I don't know! But I pray I don't have to go through it again. My worry during the wait was as agonising as Atiqah's pain in her tummy. Is it ovarian cyst or is it appendicytis? Should she really go through the surgery as recommended by the surgeons? What if her appendics burst? Surely the doctors here are the best..as what I've heard! After all, Ultrasound, X-rays, CATscan semua dah buat. Thank goodness for insurance! At last after 24 hours of waiting, the Chief of the Children's Hospital himself (Dr Linden) came and explained on the analysis of Atiqah's tests - power point slides and all! With his support we decided not to go through the surgery. Alhamdulillah... by then her pain have also subsided. I think the 'drip' helped. What I appreciate most was his call early the next morning asking about my daughter's condition...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger