Friday, January 12, 2007

Half way across the world...

We left KLIA in the wee morning of January 6th. Everybody was there except my mom & sister in Perak. My mom said that it was for the best. After all her Edah was not over yet & she didn't want anyone to fuss over her broken toe! I will always be teary eyed whenever I think of her, visualising how she looked now to how she looked years ago.....a far cry from the zesty teacher she once was! I suppose that's what my children will think of me in 20 - 25 years from now. But, she's getting better, I hear. With friends to keep her busy...marhaban, cukur jambul, yassin & tahlil..and of course she also has my sister & kids to keep her company.
We arrived at Newark Airport, New York on the same day. The flight was of course loonggg....transiting only an hour at Stockholm transit lounge. Remember, no liquids/gels/creams of that sort on board!. All will be thrown out. Best to keep them in the suitcases. Immigration was a breeze...
We took a domestic flight the next day to Logan Airport, Boston. Marriot Long Wharf was our home for 6 days, 5 nights.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger