Friday, December 14, 2007

The Most !!

Thought of sharing something sent by a friend. Some of you might have read it somewhere but I think it's okay to be constantly reminded.
1. The most useless thing to do ...........Worry
- those who really know me knows that I do this .. a lot!! :o


2. The greatest Joy...............................Giving
- saw Oprah Show on TV today.. it was one of the series where she gave away her favourite things to the audience. Menjerit2 la semua macam nak giler, mana tak nya dapat samsung camcoder, kasut, baju, cosmetics, perfume...lots more, but the best was LG's latest 2-door refrigerator with a built-in TV & computer! Wish I got one..


3. The greatest loss.................Loss of self-respect
- if we don't respect ourselves then who would? I always advised by children to have in them 'jati-diri' then they won't get 'lost'. I really hope they heed to my advice.


4. The most satisfying work................Helping others
- anak 'mat salleh' kecik2 dah diajar volunteer work...subjek civics ada lagi tak?


5. The ugliest personality trait......................Selfishness
- I think 'selfishness' adik beradik dengan 'opportunist' but according to the Thesaurus 'opportunist' means entrepreneur. However, I believe 'opportunist' used to be a bad word! The Encarta Dictionary says Opportunist is somebody who takes advantage of something, especially somebody who does so in a devious, unscrupulous, or unprincipled way. Aa..Ha!! So.....don't call yourself an opportunist. And... don't call yourself an entrepreneur either... he..he..


6. The most endangered species...................Dedicated leaders
- when you are living outside your own shell, you get to 'see' how your 'shell' really looks like. I don't know why but NOW I somehow tend to relate the word 'leaders' with politicians. I better not get into that! Leaders are heads of nations & organisations...be it big or small...We even need them in our families. They unite, make or...break!.


7. The greatest "shot in the arm"..................Encouragement
- I don't mind giving others "shots in the arm". In so doing, I feel I am giving it to myself, too. My elder sister Ainal Kamalia is very good at it. Her way of encouraging or motivating oneself is by 'cheating yourself into believing' you CAN do it!


8. The greatest problem to overcome.............Fear
- I think most of us have heard of the saying " there's nothing to fear but fear itself.." I used to remind myself 'that' whenever I had to do presentations to management. Well.. ages ago..!


9. Most effective sleeping pill..............Peace of mind
- when there are no worries, no problems....you don't need to count sheep! :)


10. The most crippling failure disease.........Excuses
- what I know is procrastination will lead to excuses.


11. The most powerful force in life......................Love
- so ... love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't!
12. The most dangerous pariah..................A gossiper
- this is something new to me!
13. The world's most incredible computer......The brain!
- yes, but if the BRAIN is not used often it will rot and as slow as 16bit processor!


14. The worst thing to be without...................Hope
- if there is FAITH then there is HOPE


15. The deadliest weapon.......................... The tongue
- it used to also be " The pen is mightier than the sword!".. these days, it's the missile launcher!

16. The two most power-filled words..............."I Can"
- I think it is also " I Will " ...

17. The greatest asset.................Faith
- a few weeks back, we got a chance to listen to a ceramah by an African-American brother at the masjid MCA ( Muslim Community Association). He talked about how Islam have uplifted the prestige of the African-Americans (blacks/negros) in the US. By having a muslim name they have become more 'international' to others' eyes, especially to the 'Mat Sallehs'. The gist of his ceramah is Faith Over Fear. By having 'Faith' one can overcome 'Fear'. Good, right? :)
- if everything is lost..na'uzubillah...at least we have our FAITH.. Reminds me of Nalil, a friend in Buckfield, Maine.

18. The most worthless emotion................Self-pity

- no one can make you feel bad but you yourself! I am reminding myself actually..

19. The most prized possession................Integrity


20. The most beautiful attire....................A SMILE!


21. The most powerful channel of communication........Prayer


22. The most contagious spirit...................Enthusiasm


23. The most important thing in life...............G-D
- Atiqah says the muslims these days don't spell God with an 'o' because if spelt backwards it's Dog...and OUR god is different with other people's gods. It is spelt G-D in order to show due reverence (respect) to the Name of G-D Almighty. It's true in writings of Muslim Journals handed out by the masjid.

Believe that every thing happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, TAKE IT!
If it changes your life, LET IT!
Nobody said it would be easy ....
They just promised it would be WORTH IT...


Cheerios!
'Life is short. Enjoy the journey.'

No comments:

Powered By Blogger